As a workforce intermediary, BACH secures funding and connects Baltimoreans to the training, certification, coaching, and experience they need to get started or advance in a healthcare career.
If you’d like to apply, your first step is to join us for one of our monthly virtual information sessions. These live, virtual presentations include an overview of our training pathways eligibility requirements for each, and an opportunity for you to ask questions-Info sessions take place at noon and 5 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month.
During your info session, you will learn about job trainings that include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Geriatric Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Front Office (CMAA/MFO)
- Certified Medicine Aide
Paid apprenticeships are available for current healthcare workers who wish to become:
- Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Environmental Care Supervisor
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Assistant
Application Process Overview
- Attend a virtual information session to learn about current and upcoming training and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Complete your information session-post-survey by the monthly deadline to indicate your top choices, determine your basic eligibility, and submit your resume.
- If eligible, you’ll be invited to complete a placement test and/or submit required documentation.
- Selected candidates will be invited for a screening interview with BACH staff.
In addition to the trainings for positions listed here, there are many more jobs in healthcare for people with a high school degree or GED equivalent. Opportunities for better-paying positions increase with training and educational levels. Some of the positions at each education level, with the duties and requirements for each, can be found here.